March 26, 2015

High End Makeup Essentials and Must Haves

High End Makeup Essentials and Must Haves
I recently did a video on my favorite high end makeup products, which I consider to be my essentials and must haves, so I thought I would make a post to go along with it (the video is linked below).

These are in no way things you need to buy, but I find myself reaching for them and they're very good quality if you're looking for some new things to try out.

Make Up For Ever HD Foundation: I've repurchased this at least three times before, and it's the first high end foundation I ever tried. They have a very good color range, so it's worth giving it a look if you usually struggle finding a shade that matches. It's water based and it's great if you have oily but dehydrated skin (like me), which is why the sales assistant recommended it to me way before I even knew those two things could come together. I wear the shade 117, and for reference, I also use MAC NC15, Nars Sheer Glow in Gobi, Revlon Nearly Naked in 120.

Benefit Fake Up concealer: it has a light coverage, which is why I don't reach for it most of the time to cover my dark circles (and because of the price tag), but it makes for a great base under any other concealer if you struggle with creasing. It's not good for blemishes, though, so if that's what you're after, try something else. It's very hydrating, and that's one of the things that makes it different.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance primer: as someone with oily skin, I also have to deal with oily eyelids, and this is a life saver for me every time I wear eyeshadow. I couldn't do my makeup without it, and I prefer it to any other one in the market because it's not too greasy (like the Urban Decay one) and you only need the smallest amount.

Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette: the Naked 2 is my favorite one in the range because it has cooler tones, and that just work best for my complexion, but all their eyeshadows and palettes are amazing quality and I recommend investing in one if you don't have a go-to palette. The Naked Basics palettes are also amazing, especially for travelling since they're so compact.

Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Dollface: I don't tend to wear pink blushes that much, but the quality of this range is amazing. I need to pick of more shades next time I'm somewhere where they're sold. They last a long time on your cheeks, maybe not 12 hours as it claims, but it is noticeable when you compare it to other blushes. 

Dior Lip Glow balm: not really an essential, but I am obsessed with it! It's basically a pink-toned lip balm that adapts its shade to your natural lip color, but the hydration it provides is beyond compare. I've never tried anything as good as this, which is why it is sooo expensive (and because it's Dior, of course).

What are some of your favorite high end products?

Lucia.

No comments:

Post a Comment